Top-ranked healthcare executive search firm.
Southwest: The Magazine
Official in-flight magazine of your favorite airline.
Global Connections, Inc.
I managed most of the social media sites for a dozen of the travel club’s different services, along with managing contributions from colleagues. My main responsibilities involved running the accounts of GCI’s most prominent service, Global Discovery Vacations:
The Shawnee Dispatch
Served as the publication’s sports reporter, covering various events across the Kansas City metro.
- I was supposed to write a vanilla summer update, but some coaches are too good for idle chit-chat.
- Former NFL lineman Ryan Lilja helped out a high school football camp in exchange for yard-work.
- Two teams, two sets of sibling trios. I’ve done several twin features, so this was the natural progression.
- It was a tough day at the track for this KU football hopeful.
- Local quarterback learns lessons on mortality and redefines a football program.
- A football gamer about a team who just won its league title in impressive fashion.
- A fluffy offseason assignment turned into a legitimate story about the history of a soccer program. There are some changes I would make to the writing, but I got the most I could out of this story. I love the ending.
- This football season preview almost wrote itself. So many good quotes and information.
- A graduate from a local high school is now one of the top collegiate discus throwers in the nation.
- College punter tries to become drafted by an NFL team.
- The underdog of the in-state soccer rivalry pulled the upset. A tale of joy, disappointment and respect.
- A team without its top three quarterbacks starts a running back… and wins.
- This football gamer follows the one listed below. Maybe my best work at LJW.
- High school team wins big, but loses a key player to a gruesome injury. This was one of the more tragic events I have covered.
- I love cross country, as I used to run and coach it myself. This article has a couple of my favorite interviews and is a change of pace from the big-time sports.
The University Daily Kansan
As with all of our early works, I wrote some good pieces and some I wish would never see the light of day. Since the Kansan changed its website, I’ve had to find new links from stories and I can’t find all of them. I’m working on it. These are my favorite five: