I bought a domain for this blog at the beginning of the year and then I dedicated 2015 to being more of a scholar than a scribe. A fool’s blunder.
However, my musical consumption remains at an all-time high. As a minor update to what’s been going on in music this year, here are 10 albums you should have heard by now:
10. Hiatus Kaiyote – Choose Your Weapon
9. Tree Machines – Tree Machines
8. Twin Shadow – Eclipse
7. Dustin Kensrue – Carry the Fire
6. Red – Of Beauty and Rage
5. Alabama Shakes – Sound & Color
4. Father John Misty – I Love You, Honeybear
3. Sufjan Stevens – Carrie & Lowell
2. Jamie xx – In Colour
1. Kendrick Lamar – To Pimp a Butterfly
This will change drastically by December. The better half of the year awaits.
And you can follow along with the ever-growing Best Tracks of 2015 playlist on Spotify. It still feels like a sugar-free assortment, but it’ll get sweeter as we go:
I encourage input on your must-hear albums of the year so far. There are some hidden gems out there that I didn’t mention (Courtney Barnett, Sleater-Kinney, Lupe Fiasco), but there’s too much out there for one man to handle alone.